Truly one of the scariest images EVER!!
1. Interesting nugget from Tom Crean yesterday: he credits Dwayne Wade and the 2003 Final Four team with helping recruit this years senior and junior classes, including Dominic James. Also, a short story on Jodie Meeks and his struggles having to sit on the sidelines most of this season.
2. It looks as if Kentucky it taking the underdog role head-on, something this program has rarely had to do. It seems the players actually see it as a relief to not have the fanbase pressure this year. Great quote from Perry Stevenson when asked what ARE the expectations normally from the UK fanbase. His response: “Seven championships in six years.” Couldn’t have said it better.
3. Hope you got to see Scotty Hopson yesterday at Rupp because he won’t be there long after his University Heights team got dusted by Lexington Catholic in the 1st round of the Sweet 16. Hopson did have a good game though, 21 points and 9 rebounds.
4. Eric Crawford recaps the long, weird season that has been Kentucky basketball. You can disagree if you want, but I think if this team gets to the Sweet 16, it will go down as either the 2nd or 3rd most loved non-championship team in UK history, behind the Unforgetables and maybe Rupp’s Runts. To see the passion that UK fans have rediscovered this season takes me back to the 1993-1999 era, and its great to see.
5. If you are wondering who Sports Illustrated decided to jinx in the tournament this year, take a look. Hope you didn’t have any of these teams winning it. UNC still alive!!!
Alright my prediction: I think you are going to see a game that sends basketball back about 50 years. Alot of turnovers, alot of missed shots, alot of Jay Bilas criticism. And you know what? Thats the way Kentucky wants it and likes it. UK 55, Marquette 52. GO CATS!!!!
[powered by WordPress.]
Bill Keightley Report : Never to be forgotten.
9 queries. 0.341 seconds